TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to all products and services provided by Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited (YTG).
1.YTG will not be responsible for Customer errors when ordering, the Customer’s Order Confirmation will include all specified order requirements, it is essential the Order Confirmation is reviewed for accuracy. Any discrepancies must be reported to YTG within 24 hours of Order Confirmation receipt.
2. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure all order details including finishes are accurate. This includes (non-exhaustive):
2.1. Measurements: It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all measurements are accurate. We can provide guidance on measuring.
2.2. Gate hand: Where the gate hand, i.e. left opening / right opening, is not specified, the gate hand will be decided at our discretion. Where this is not the Customer’s preferences, we will endeavour to change the gate hand though this may incur additional charges.
2.3. Ironwork: Where ironwork is requested, Galvanised Silver will be used as standard unless the Customer specifies a colour option.
2.4. Finishes: As standard, an initial preservative base coat is applied to all orders, we strongly recommend that gates receive further treatments to preserve appearance. We offer a pressurised treatment service at an additional cost, or can provide advice on further treatments and maintenance on request.
4.The Customer will receive a full quotation with the Order Confirmation, where VAT and delivery charges apply, these will also be included within the Order Confirmation.
5. All goods will remain the property of Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited until full payment has been received by the Customer.
6. Any pricing errors must be reported to YTG as soon as possible for rectification. YTG will not be responsible for pricing errors due to Customer misinformation.
7. Where a pricing error is the fault of YTG, and the Customer has been undercharged, the Customer will have the option of paying the corrected price or receiving a refund. YTG are not obliged to fulfil an order in this situation, except at YTG discretion.
8. Where a pricing error is the fault of YTG, and the Customer has been overcharged, a refund covering the overpayment will be made.
9. Deposits are non-refundable except at YTG discretion.
10. On order confirmation, the Customer will be provided with an estimated lead time based on current production workload. Though every effort will be made to complete the order within the specified lead time, we cannot guarantee this will be achieved. Products are custom made, and YTG will always prioritise the quality of work over meeting a lead time.
11. Where a lead time is unlikely to be met, this will be communicated to the Customer along with an updated estimate lead time.
COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
12. If the Customer has arranged collection from the YTG workshop, the Customer must contact YTG to confirm the order is ready. YTG take no responsibility for journeys / time spent if the Customer arrives to collect before the order is ready.
13. Where possible, YTG will contact the Customer to confirm the order is ready. To enable this, the Customer must provide correct contact details alongside communication preferences.
14. Most deliveries are fulfilled through a courier service which work to a 3-4 working day service which is not included in the quoted lead time.
15. YTG cannot guarantee the date / time of delivery and accept no liability for failure to meet the estimated delivery date.
USE OF THIRD PARTIES
16. Where the Customer is using a third party (builders or fitters) to install products, we strongly advise that the Customer waits until goods are received and checked prior to committing to an installation date. YTG will not be responsible for any costs incurred due to third party charges should the products arrive late / damaged.
17. We strongly advise that where products are purchased on behalf of another, the end-receiver receives a copy of the order form for reference. YTG will accept no liability for order errors between the Customer and end-receiver.
18. YTG products are fully covered by a workmanship warranty.
19. To maintain the warranty, any faults must be reported to YTG within 24 hours of receipt of goods. Workmanship will be rectified at no cost.
20. Where the fault is found to not be the fault of YTG, the customer will be required to cover delivery costs to receive / return the product and any rectification works. The return must be made in original packaging or similar. The cost of rectification works will be provided to the Customer for approval prior to works commencing.
21. The warranty does not cover:
21.1. Damage due to a third-party installation
21.2. Damage to posts, ironwork or nearby objects through ill-fitting of the gate(s)
21.3. Damage or problems as a result of the Customer failure to apply a regular, suitable treatment or preservative
21.4. Issues caused by natural timber movement (including twisting, bowing, cupping, splitting and knots)
21.5. Damage caused through deliberate damage or misuse of the gate(s)
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited,
Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12144933 whose registered office is at 28 Thirlmere Road, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF29EP;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.yorkshiretimbergates.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Yorkshire Timber Gates Limitedis the “data controller”. This means that Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Yorkshire Timber Gates Limitedwill collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – for gate installation purposes only;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Yorkshire Timber Gates Limited by email at email@example.com.